Version 2 Upgrade
In this tutorial, we are going to walkthrough the upgrade process of FastCredit Pro plugin. We will demonstrate how to upgrade from an earlier version, e.g. 1.4.2n, to the latest version, FastCredit Pro version 2.0.
IMPORTANT: Back Up Your Site
Whenever updating to new versions of plugins we advise to back up your entire site with a plugin like Updraft. While we have tested this update, there is the slim chance there may be an incompatibility with another plugin.
Part 1: Pre-Upgrade Assessment
Our first task involves assessing our current settings before starting the upgrade process.
- Open the
woocommercesettings in a new tab.
- Note down these settings, including credits, new credits for users, and the state of the option buttons. You may want to leave the tab open for future reference.
- Check the payments tab and note the settings for the
credit purchase Gateway, the chosen options, and the destination button text.
The reason for this is that during the upgrade, there is a possibility that these settings may not carry over to the new version of the plugin.
Part 2: Installing the New Plugin Version
In this step, we install the new version of FastCredit Pro.
Add new plugin.
- Choose the plugin file of the latest version from your device and click
- Once the installation is complete, note the message that the existing destination already exists and that the plugin name has changed to FastCredit for WooCommerce or FastCredit Pro for WooCommerce.
Activateto activate the new plugin. If you see an incorrectly sized icon, simply hold down Shift and refresh your browser to correct this.
Part 3: Replicating Old Settings to the New Plugin
Check the new settings on the plugin’s interface. If they do not match with your previously noted down settings, follow the below steps to replicate the old settings.
- Go into the new settings page.
- Review and adjust the credit label and new user credits to match your old settings.
- Review and adjust the credit topup and button text to match your old settings.
- Check all the other options to ensure they match your previous settings.
- Once all settings match with your old settings, click
In the immediate aftermath of the upgrade, you’re advised to verify the site working normally. Make a test purchase to confirm.
Updating the FastCredit Pro plugin to the newest version should be a straightforward process with the above mentioned steps. The most crucial part to be aware of is making sure that your old settings are carried over to the new version of the plugin. Once you’ve confirmed that everything is working as expected, you’re good to go!
If you encounter any issue or need further assistance, don’t hesitate to contact us. We’re here to help!